The Microbrewery revolution continues unabated in the UK with ever more people starting up their own micro-breweries.
Starting your own micro or craft brewery can be enormously satisfying and rewarding. Done correctly and you can soon be up and running producing your own beers and selling to pubs and restaurants etc.
However, there are many pitfalls to watch out for and it is not a venture people should opt in for lightly.
With 25 years’ experience in training and consultancy, including the last three as a brewer and having started our brewery from scratch, we can guide you on every step of the way.
If you are starting from scratch we can help with
- Premises – what to look for what to avoid
- The legalities, what you have to do, when and in what order
- Tax, duty and HMRC
- Trading standards
- Building a customer base
- and much more
We can stay with you at every stage of the process or ‘dip in and out’ when you need us most.
- We can advise on systems (brewery tanks, brewery management software etc.) We have no affiliation to manufacturers so our advice is entirely impartial
- Show you how to calculate due Duty
- Take you through the process of recipe formulation and scale up.
- Be with you during your first brews to ‘hold your hand’ through the process
If you are taking over a current brewery, as well as much of the above, we can also help you with valuations of the business and give you a buyer’s survey/due diligence report so you do not pay over the odds.